Monday, January 02, 2006

2006

Mood: Content
What's on: "Ladies and Gentlemen"- Hot Hot Heat

The past week has gone by slow yet fast. My recollection of my days were spent in bed with my laptop. Often the hours would pass quickly due to various distractions and food breaks, but in some cases it did not as I painfully tried to squeeze words out of my already dried-up brain. The only time this week I found myself actually semily enjoying writing essays was when I was at Vienna's. Unfortunately Connie provided to be a source of distraction, and I only worked for about an hour.
Though the majority of my application has been submitted, I don't feel much accomplished largely due to my dissatisfaction with my cornell essays. Then again, I can't really expect too much for putting them off till the last moment and rushing to meet the midnight deadline.

---
I was woken up today at 2 PM by a call from Connie: She wanted to play tennis at 3 because it was warm outside. I reluctantly agreed despite laziness, because it has been awhile since I last played. Though I should have gotten up to get ready, I stayed in bed and started playing MG Acid. About 30 mins later, Kevin called me to play Halo2 with the guys. After a few phone exchanged between him and Connie, tennis was postponed till tomorrow due to rain ( it did start raining at 3), and I headed out to Kevin's after finishing up a mission on MGA.
After I arrived, I watched the guys play Soul Caliber for awhile, then we headed out to the Purdue Math lab for CS after a quick food stop at Taco Bell's. We had a 2 on 2 lan for about two hours. I can't even recall when was the last time I touched the game , or PC games in general due to studying, so the lan was a refreshing and enjoyable experience. I returned home at 6 for dinner and headed into my study afterwards as usual. I spent the rest of the night "looking" for music + various other activities; Nothing exciting, but effortless.

I was asked about my New Year's resolution today, and I realized I haven't really thought about it. New years went by this year just like Christmas, as in not being very significant. I spent eve abit different this year. I'm definitely glad it wasn't like 2 years ago (see entry), but not so much approve of some parts either. Thinking back to resolutions, I don't have anything in particular. But for one, I probably should be more diligent/procrastinate less. I also feel like I'm losing interest in a lot things I enjoy doing. The cause is most likely college apps, but I hope to get back on track now that apps are being finished up. Oh and lastly, I really need to get a job.

No comments: