Monday, September 10, 2007

C-A-I-R-O-O-O

Feeling: ?
Current Love: "Digitalism in Cairo" - Digitalism

Ello. There are a lot of things that I want to blog about, but I have been lazy/wasn't in the mood to do so.

I guess first and foremost: school.

It is now the 3rd week of classes, and everything has been going fairly well. The class I am liking the most at the moment is Mechanics. I've heard good things about the professor, and he is, well, fairly good. The problem I can't seem to overcome is that I am always tired/sleepy in there. Perhaps it's the post-lunch laziness, but the instance I sit down, my eyes do not want to be open. Sitting in the 2nd row isn't alleviating the situation either.
Speaking of sleeping, I also have a tendency to doze off in Physics E&M and C-programming. Physics is more challenging this year, so I'm actually paying attention in class/taking notes. CS has so far been review material for me, so crosswords all the way. The professor Bill Crums is infamous for his hated way of conducting the course. So far it's been ok, so I hope to see soon what the rave is all about.
Sadly, Diffeq has not been as fun as I had hoped. At this rate, I don't know if I want to take anymore classes. And lastly, there's my IE stat class. Our lecturer has a tendency to go off on a tangent about herself, and I get the vibe that majority of students in the class doesn't really care about the class. I'm not a big fan of stats, but I suppose it's getting better now that things are more mathematical, but I didn't do too well on the first quiz/hmwk.

Work.

I'm back in the newsroom now. The first day wasn't very exciting, perhaps because I was composing the sports page. Everything is still pretty much the same. Minus a few familiar faces. I haven't checked in with Follett's for two weeks. I am not really sure if I want to work regular hours over the semester. It's so far away and not the most exciting.

Food.

Cooking has been enjoyable even if I still lack essential cookware. (pots) I have found love in making tasty sandwiches and melts, while experimenting with ingredients, especially meat. (Tasty pastrami...) I have ate out on few occasions. The new restaurant down the street called Rice Cafe has gained much popularity for its taste and late delivery hours. Even though somewhat pricey, the portion is good for two meals. I've visited the place once and ordered a pork noodle stir fry, but somehow I got all other meats except pork. (Shrimp, chicken, and beef). It's rather funny, but I'm not complaining.

-----------

Justice Klax?

I am disappointed that I can't go see Bloc Party this wed. in Indy due to SCC duties. Final Fantasy is opening for them, and damn, I want to see Owen Pallett. : ( But in better news, Justice ticket is on the way! I have already started making my shirt (stenciling) for the show, and it's pretty rad.
Hopeful: Klaxons 10.6.07 @ Metro

Please?

No comments: