Friday, December 21, 2007

Y2K8

New York Style


Y2k8 will be bumping this year in the Silent Barn aka. the middle of nowhere. Of course, that just makes the party cooler.
I will be kicking out the jams with some "indie disco beats". I'm not 100% sure what that is, but hell, it will be rocking, and grooving. My friend Bradley D, also an organizer of the event, will be DJing his old school pop hit mash-ups (beware of Marvin Gaye...)

I'm looking forward to meeting all the other artists and watching them perform.
I'm expecting Neon Coyote to throw down mash-ups of great electro/house/pop/hip-hop goodness. ( I'm guessing that they play with Ableton)
Lismore reminds me a lot of Metric, mostly because lead singer Penelope carries Emily Haines persona. But, musically, I don't think the two are as comparable as Lismore has a great danceable electronic sound.
To keep the dancing going until end of 07 will the the Venezuelan party jammer Todosantos. They carry the happy electro sound with a hint of Brazilian spice---- a diplofied version of CSS kind of deal. They will also be doing visuals, neat.
Lastly, Ninjasonik will be closing out the night by making everyone's y2k8 tight pants tighter. If electropop rap is a real genre, Ninjasonik would fall under it. Hopefully everyone will not have passed out at this point to rock hard to the last beats.

I'm not too sure what to expect as craziness will likely ensue, but it will be a rocking good time with non-stop dancing.

check it:

Bradley D - "Justice at Roxbury"
Lismore - "Paradis"
Neon Coyote - "I Just Want to D.A.N.C.E. with You"
Ninjasonik - "Internet Bitch"
Todosanto - "OMG We Got It"

vids are great too:

Tight Pants! (Ninjasonik)


"Shake that ass to the beat"(Todosanto)

1 comment:

Lenna said...

Why are you such a badass?