Thursday, January 17, 2008

ATL: If this is your final destination, do enjoy the city..

Omg welcome to Georgia!!11kekeke
Feeling: Comfy
Current Love: Soulwax

Greetings from Atlanta. It's been a fair day of traveling; I'm tired, but somehow I'm compelled to blog. How did I end up miles south? My first field trip I may say.
I'm here with my Habitat for Humanity EPICS team doing some networking and meeting with the headquarter peeps. We'll also be visiting the Global Village which showcases the houses HFH build around the world.
I was pretty excited when I was first made aware of the trip near the end of summer but for the past few days I've had doubt, with the loads of homework I had to finish being the main deterrence. But now that I've got to know my team mates better and am away from Indiana and school, it feels great. (The weather here is also so much better)

The 22 of us, including the "adults", left Purdue at 4:30 and headed to Indy via Lafayette Limo. (My first time riding it!) I definitely wasn't as enthused about flying as usual, probably because the NY trip was only two weeks ago. (Speaking of which I still need to write up about that...) There wasn't much delay at the airport, and we landed in ATL around 9. The last time I've been in Atlanta was back in 05 for the FIRST robotics national. I guess I didn't pay too much attention to the airport back then since I had forgotten about ever being in the ATL airport. I don't know why, but I felt "homely" being in there even though Atlanta isn't even my hometown. I suppose it's the general sense of being down South, since I do miss it.
It look way too long for us to get settled in; At least 20 mins of waiting/paper work at the car rental desk, then another 20 waiting outside for our 3 SUVs in the rental lot. Our hotel wasn't far, but we waited for half an hour to get our keys. Then finally, full sized beds!
I've been pretty happy with the accommodations so far as it has exceeded my expectations. I wasn't expecting to have a bed to myself, but I do, and the full size bed complete with the magical white hotel sheets just makes me want to snuggle and lay in bed all day...but alas, I have to wake up bright and early tomorrow at 6:30.
So, I should get to bed now.

No comments: