Monday, July 21, 2008

North by Northeast Pt. 6: I Fell in Love at the Seaside

Bradley Int' Airport
Feeling: Sunny
Current Love: Just a Little Bit - Lykke Li

Hello Indiana. I made it back to good ol West Lafayette this Wed. My evening flight from Hartford went smoothly, except for the $25 fee for an extra checked bag. Seriously, why are airlines being so cheap? I was greeted by Kaveh and Bridgette at the baggage claim, and I cracked a smile--- It's swell to see your friends again.

West Lafayette looked the same yet different. I took in the sight a little differently on my way into town, trying to compare it to the Connecticut country side. Looking back, there are a few things I thoroughly enjoyed out in New England and will miss. Foremost, the ocean.


Since I've been back, things have fallen back to the usual shindings of this summer. Though kickball season may be over, the pool parties are abundant. Ever since the discovery of the Benchmark pool, the entourage have enjoyed much fun by the pool side. I also started working again this morning. Bad news is that I'll be working morning shifts for the rest of the month, but the good news is that my boss doesn't care if I want to sleep in and come an hour later, as long as I work the agreed hours.
Speaking of work, my means of transportation have been cut short. Apparently someone shanked my bike while I was gone, and now it's sitting in Mike's apt waiting for me to save it. I haven't seen the wreckage, but I really hope it doesn't suck.

What I miss:
- The amazing stars seen from my woodland backyard. Unfortunately it's cloudy on most nights, but when you do get to see the stars, wow.
- The calming ocean breeze
- The city
- The non-lacking of crustaceans and mollusks
What I don't miss:
- Wild turkeys pooping in our back yard in broad day light
- Our dog barking

No comments: