Thursday, August 07, 2008

Breeze from the underpath

Serene Wabash.

Feeling:
Tipsy
Current Love: None

Stealing internets from Vienna, that's what I do after the fall of web2.0 and tonnny. I'm kind of stuck in limbo right now. Most of my stuff are already moved to my new apt, but I can't live there quite yet b/c I'm still waiting for my bed to arrive, which hopefully will tomorrow. Life feels weird without internet, but thank god for free wifi.
Today was my 2nd day of training at La Scala. Things were definitely slower today (for the better), and I got out early too, around 9:30. My trainer, Ryan, was really nice and cool, and we ended up chatting for awhile during down time. She even gave me a $3 tip at the end of the night for helping her out. woot, my first tip.
I'm pretty comfortable with serving, but I'm still shaky about the menu. I'm really scared that someone's going to order something, and I'll be clueless as to what it was. Too much fancy Italian words.
The wine list doesn't worry me as much surprisingly. I'm pretty confident that most people know what they want. plus I know at least the basics to make me sound smart even if I don't know what I'm talking about.
My manager already scheduled me to work next thurs. I had no idea until I looked at the time table. I think I'll be ready by then and start pulling in cash.
I'll take that back. There's not really a cash register at the retaurant. The owner has some weird ordeal with cashing at the end of the night. Ryan tried to explain it to me, but I only somewhat understood. But the bottom line is, I don't really get tip money each night, I have to wait for the owner to write a check every week. Bummers.

Today's weather was really nice, which made the walk back to the west side fairly enjoyable. I sat on the pedestrian bridge for a while; took in the scene and lit up a smoke.
Working late nights kind of makes me wish I can go out to the bars. It sounds great to just get a drink or two after work.

"Vodka vodka bomb bomb!"

Speaking of drinking, Mike had a little shin din at his place this past tues. My new roommate Christine and her friends came over, and the night resulted in beer pong and soju/vodka bombs. We were all pretty inebriated by the end of the night, and somehow what's left of the party ended up at my sparsely furnished new apt. We sat out/laid out in the living room, talked and played truth or dare. The next thing I know, I woke up in the morning to my alarm, passed out on the floor. I'm not sure how it happened, but it did. I wasn't feeling the greatest, so I called work and said I wasn't coming. But the good news was that a few hours later, I got the call from La Scala--- thus began my life as a waitress.

No comments: