Wednesday, August 06, 2008

One job and another

Feeling: Clumsy
Current Love:Great DJ (Calvin Harris Remix) - The Ting Tings

Today has not been a good day for work. Although the sun is blooming outside, I feel rather tired even after 7 hours of sleep. I keeping on messing up at work. Nothing major, but just little things that makes me feel like I'm totally off today.

But in better news, I got hired at La Scala! I put in an application near the beginning of summer, but they said they were full staffed at the moment and may call back later in the summer. I wasn't too hopeful, so I was pretty surprised to have received a call last week for an interview....which I rocked. I came out feeling great, but I wasn't sure if I would get hired based on the fact that I have no serving experience.
Alas, I guess the manager liked me.
Yesterday was my first day of training. I went in during dinner shift and helped set up the tables for a bit. Everything started out pretty slow, and I was just observing, making salads, setting bread, etc. Things got busy around 7 when the 30 some old people came for a surprise party. My trainer commented that it was a really busy Tuesday even for a party, so it was kind of a bad day for training. I was pretty tired at the end even though I didn't do that much, but hopefully things won't feel so hectic once I get a handle of things.
Carrying a tray for the first time was also scary. I definitely spilled this one guys soup all over the saucer, but hopefully he didn't mind too much.
One thing that happened, which I didn't witness but heard, was about this couple that was dinning. The guy just left without saying anything, so the girl had to pay and was crying by the table. Odd.
The restaurant normally closes at 9, but I didn't get out till 10:30 or so. I was planning on eating dinner at Panera on my walk back, but I had to resort to eating ramen at home.

No comments: