Monday, April 24, 2006

The Man The King The Girl The Spider

Mood:discouraged
What's on: "Take Me Out"- Franz Ferdinand

I really should be sleeping. I've been meaning to post after the match I was so looking forward to playing in. I lost, 1-8. The team lost, 0-5. I felt pretty down afterwards and for the rest of the day even though our performance wasn't too bad. I guess losing is pretty bitter regardless. I lied to Tim about leaving for Pittsburgh early so I could skip practice. I do feel guilty, but I wasn't in a mood to play tennis again.
I wasn't in a mood to go to school either. I skipped band on Wed., because I've been meaning to do so. I dislike all the music we're playing right now. The contest prep has been extremely redundant and boring, and I'm not even going to it. Since I didn't really have a good place to go, I went home and told my parents I wasn't feeling well from eating too many Bremer Cookies (from tennis treat bag). After a bit of nap and food, I returned for international Relations. Diplomacy finally ended after a really long and dumb negotiation. We got the day to rant about the whole ordeal.

Thursday was 4/20, and of course everyone was making lame jokes about it. I skipped tennis practice that afternoon and grabbed food with Clif at Loveshack. It was empty as usual, probably because none can afford the $6 calzones. The weird part was when the manager was dealing business in the table beside us with some food retailer I take it. Doesn't he have an office to do that?
Friday was skip day. I mentioned that I haven't been in a mood to go to school, so I wanted to skip Friday, since I'm leaving for Pittsburgh later and there wasn't much I would have missed. My parents were surprisingly okay with it, so that was a go. I ended up going to 3rd and 4th period, mainly for the calc check. Christine decided to skip band, and we ate at McDonald's before proceeding to drive around campus/Purdue west because she was hoping to catch her college Korean mad crush on the streets---unfortunately, the plan failed.

I spent the afternoon at the library finishing up a government worksheet, which is sad since that's what I would have been doing in class anyways.I didn't get home till 4, which is sad considering that's when I usually get home. So basically, I'm not very good at skipping school. My dad complained about me getting back so late when he never specified what time he wanted me to be back. I took a few minutes to pack for the 2 day trip and headed out: 7 hours of on the road goodness.

To be Continued... (because I really want to sleep now)

No comments: