Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Tennis practice gone good?

Mood: no idea
What's on: "Badd Business"-Phantom Planet

I see Wednsdays as a checkpoint of the week. So far, I'm relieved that I didn't fail my calc test, but doing poorly on the Government test probably cancels that out. Calc is still not exciting as we've moved on to estimating functions with poly. Diplomacy is about the same: bad. Even though we managed to win last week, things are going poorly with the point distribution part of the game as everyone is hating on our coalition. I really want to stop caring and let the rest of my group handle it, but I don't know if that's the best approach to keep the winning title.
I haven't been looking forward to tennis thus far this week. I think I speak for most of our team that running miles suck. With out any warning last week, Tim made us run 2 miles on the hottest day yet during practice. He mentioned the next day that we'll be running again this week. Luckily, we haven't had to yet. Practice today was actually quite enjoyable. JV did 12 min. Round Robin matches for seeding of tomorrow's match against Carmel, apparently a formidable opponent that we're playing for the first time. I played doubles with Christine, and our only real challenge was against Liz and Hannah. As our round began, they got up to 4-0 fairly easily and were quite excited. Christine and I eventually got up and we kept a tight score through out the round. The score would tie, and they would get nervous; they would lead by 1, and start cheering hoping the time was up: It was 10 all, and they gained a point to 11. Tim called time after Liz's failed 1st serve. We had to finish out the point, so this was critical. Alas, 11-11. Best part yet, it was my turn to serve, and I haven't been confident/displeased with my serves lately, especially during the Terra Haute North match that we lost to. Keeping under the pressure, I got a nice and light 2nd serve over, which Liz proceeded to hit out. 12-11, we won.
I could tell they were pretty bitter afterwards, but hey, step aside Freshmen.
I played with my dad for awhile around 8. I wanted to work on some returns, but it was more so that I didn't have anything else to do. I'm actually looking forward to the match tomorrow even though Varsity will probably lose...I can still redeem myself by winning.

No comments: