Sunday, April 02, 2006

Really, it's an educational trip: reflection and other

Mood: Tired
What's on: "What Does Your Soul Look Like(Part 1)"-DJ Shadow


Spring break part 2 has ended. My overall attitude is positive.
College anxiety is over for the most part. (Still waiting for some financial packets, if that counts). Not surprisingly, Upenn rejected me. I was half expecting that after getting deferred from ED and didn't really bother sending them financial info (I ran out of space on the FAFSA anyways). So, no hard feelings on that. I was surprised that I got waitlisted at Cornell as opposed to being rejected. I figured getting only 2 emails from the time I sent in my application to the time I got my decision was a good indication that they didn't like me. I do note that I procrastinated the longest with Cornell's app, submitting the barely finished not proof-read supplement essays a minute before the deadline. So, I guess I didn't screw up that much.
The only college left was NYU, and I noticed the opened packet along with the rest of my mail. I don't know exactly how I feel about going there. NYC would be an awesome place to live at but intimidating at the same time.

Looking at tasks to be done this month, I would say I'm going to be busy. More days of school are going to be missed for Robotics, not to mention that it is going to be crazy. Though not finalized, I should probably make some college visits now that I have a few more options.Along with that, deciding a college is going to be the biggest task and challenge. I would rather not think about it now, but I'll have to decide soon enough. I guess the contributing factor for my general apathy in the whole process is the lack of "real" incentive.

No comments: