Friday, June 09, 2006

What's up snail mail

Why has stamp prices gone up so much in the past few years? Sure it's to compensate for the hard working laborers, but at this rate, the postal service's future is looking bleak. You would think more money means better service, but no, it still takes the same amount of time, if not slower, for mails to get to places. 39 cents... that's almost half a dollar. I can buy a lot of things with half a dollar money; a nice 32 oz. from Loveshack for instance. If people need to send many letters, those stamp prices adds up like crazy. For instance, what if I need to mail out 30 thank you cards? That's $11.70! I don't need to go on about the possibilities with that much money.
The main reason I wanted to rant about this is because I found a pre postaged postcard from 1995 and a stamp from 2002. Respectively, the stamp rates were 20 and 23 cents. That means stamp prices has more than doubled in a mere 4 years, and the rate of increase has tripled, and... [insert more statistics here]. Shame on you USPS, shame on you.

2 comments:

orangepulpfilms said...

A normal letter costs 39 cents, so your 49 cent letter was special. Still, I agree with most of your assessments.

Lainii said...

I think I meant to say 39 =x