Thursday, November 01, 2007

"It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!"

Feeling: Sick.
Current Love: "I Get Around (Midnight Juggernauts remix)" - Dragonette

Runny nose is a bummer, but I seem to get it all the time unfortunately. Homecoming weekend probably contributed much to my current health state, but I can't really complain.
The past few weeks have been fairly hectic; perhaps engineering is finally starting to drag me down. Looking at my schedule for next semester, I don't think things will get any easier. Exams are coming up in the following weeks, and after that will be Thanksgiving, which I'm fairly looking forward to.

Going back to the weekend, it was much fun as it was random and tiring. The weekend was :
A. Purdue homecoming
B. Halloween weekendish
C. Visit from friends/hanging out with friends

A. Even though I didn't partake it any homecoming activities, I did end up going to the game agaisnt Northwestern on a whelm as I was dragged into going. But the great part was that Mike was able to get me in for free, which was impressive in his not-very-sober state. The game ended up being fairly fun, and I was glad that I tagged along.
B. The Muse was set to open Fri., and I was looking forward to it/the halloween party...except it didn't open. I was mostly disappointed because of all the hard work I put in. I won't rant about my boss, but she could be handling things better. Nonetheless, I still got to wear my Nascar-hick turned "Busy E" attire Saturday.
Speaking of Saturday...but I should probably go back to Thursday. Me and Mike's friend Brad came down to visit from NYC, because his parents (Purdue alumni) were in town for Homecoming. Brad's brother Jeff and Jeff's roommate also came down Friday. Anyways, we all went out for Karaoke Saturday night in our costumes. (The best was probably Jeff's banana suit) I ran into Ester, who left for Korean 3 years ago and just came back this semester for college. She called my name, and I turned over to see an unfamiliar face -- she looks completely different! Seconds later, it struck me. I'm not completely sure why, but I realized it was her and gave her a warm greeting.
Karaoke was fun times, but the party was just beginning. After stopping by Morgan's dance party with Connie, we converged later with everyone at Noel's party, conveniently located across from my apartment. Dancing ensued, to the beat of the mixtape I made earlier in the day in a very tired/inebriated/half-asleep state. It turned out ok, but I was mostly happy that people were enjoying/dancing to it, so, mission accomplished.

C. Just because this whole post is not very chronological and most likely confusing, I'm going to go back to Friday.
Friday was Rumi's birthday, so Brad and I joined her for dinner at Asahi along with her entourage. We waited for awhile to get seated, and even longer for a chief to cook for us, and to our luck, we got the overly annoying, slightly homoerotic, Malaysian blabbermouth. The food wasn't as good as I had recalled even though I was starving from all the waiting. Oh well.
Dinner took awhile, by the time we got back to Rumi's, it was already 11ish. She got ready to hit the bars while all her friends flocked in one-by-one as midnight approached.
Around 12:30 am, the masses migrated to the bars, while I stayed behind. John was nice enough to keep me company since he didn't really drink, so we decided to make boba aka. bubble tea at my place. We listened to music, watched videos, debated about Jens Lekman's current home, and had a boba fight. All in all it was fun, but I was pretty dead by 3 and called it a night.

So, that's about it in summary, oh wait.




Now I'm done.

No comments: