Saturday, January 03, 2004

Abit of Update

Well..at least my computer is still here As you've read in my last post, my dad totally screwed up my comp. I've been working hard these days fixing everything or at least trying to.Report:


    Before:
  • computers: Sony VAIO
  • parts: new cpu/motherboard
  • OS: Win95, 2000
  • hardrive used: 40 gigs
  • # of pirated music files: 400
  • Status: Ready for upgrade

    After:
  • Computer: Sony VAIO
  • parts: fried motherboard
  • OS: Win2000
  • harddrive used: 4 gigs
  • # of pirated music file that's usable: 50
  • Status: Completion of downgrade

Approx time: 4 days.

As you can see, I recovered about 2G (out of 32) from my D drive. I guess it's better than nothing, but most of the files are corrupted. For instance, the picture files (mostly my artworks) are really useless now. Only 1/2 the data came through--- only 1/2 the pic can be seen.
Right now I'm using my VAIO..open cased. nothing gain really, except for this whole experience. What a thrill...
I don't know what's gonna become of my comp. It'll be a while till I get another upgrade ( Since my dad fried the good motherboard..yup). He wants to install WinXP on here, but I'm probably going to pass. There's still lot of work to come. I have to reinstall all my programs now...

Anyway, on other updates. I wanted something new, so why not a poll? I couldn't find a good script for a poll, so pardon the crappiness. I started a new file on FFVII, so that's why I chose to topic. I can't decide myself, so I wanted to see the readers response *Vote*. I'm wanting everyone to vote.


Yes, one vote can make a difference.

---Lain

No comments: