Sunday, November 02, 2003

Happy Halloween..ish

I haven't had chance to post on Halloween night nor last night. Pretty busy that I am.
The story begins on Halloween..2003. The day started out fine;school was just there to get over with. There were some people that dressed up; good and bad.Besides my first Biology test which I most likely failed, everything else was good. I rode the school bus home as usual, and it feels like forever on a friday. As soon as I got home, I went on the computer and played DR. No reason particularly, just felt like it; help pass the time. I was waiting for Genia to call, since I'm going trick-or-treating with her. Around 6:30 she finally did after getting back from swim practice. I headed to her house with my costume.
Yeah the co
stume. I couldn't really decide to be a Matrix rip-off or a Mafia mob. The only thing I agreed on was my black trench coat. With Genia's help ( she went as a pimp/mob), I pulled off as a mob..ish. White Tshirt, skirt, tie; school girl look? I had various comments by different people: Wallstreet broker, gangster, a Blues Brother, etc... But hey, who cares about that? it's all about the candy.
Oh yes the candy. Genia lives in University Farms, which is the biggest subdivision in town---300+ houses, practically 1/2 the students lives there.( Now I kinda wished we bought that house there...) We covered alot of ground, but that just meant more candy. It all works out.
We talked and walked for about 2 hrs. The scaring-kids-and-steal-their-candy idea didn't really work out, but we got tons of candy. Oh and can't forget the toothbrush.
After that we went to the Union. It's basically a campus hang-out place. (Note: If you don't know already, I live in a college town---Purdue University..go Boilermakers!) The main purpose was goto the arcade and what else then DDR. She's a huge DDR freak. It's kewl b/c it was Halloween night. We weren't the only people dressed in costumes, some goth and angels, and transsexual and nerds; alot of Neos and Trinitys. The place was pretty good. there's the arcade, bowling ally, pool table, and food place. We didn't stay that long, about an hour, but just in time to watch college geeks who doesn't have anything better to do than play DDR. Interesting I suppose, "Max Unlimited" on standard. ( For all you non-DDR people...that's hard/insane.) So the day is good. I had fun; makes me feel young again.


On the other hand, yesterday was long. I had to get up at 8 for a "fun-filled" trip to Chicago. How I loath getting up early on weekends.
Chicago isn't all that far, 2+ hours. I'm use to long road rides now; I use to hate being in the car for 1 hours going the Nashville. The purpose of this trip is..well let's see...not Lowe's, but yes, furniture store! :) This one is okay, I kind of looked forward to it, but then it changed in the end...
IKEA is the name. It's a huge warehouse sized store selling furniture, decors, rugs, and all that stuff. It's okay b/c it sells contemporary stuff and most are pretty cheap. There were hordes of people, and believe it folks, the parking lots had more cars then Wal-Mart does. It's a 3-story building in a circular design. We browsed the store for almost 3 hrs. Things didn't turn out all "peachy", we argued alot like your normal everyday family. I was tired towards the end and bored. I bought little stuff here and there for my study room; lime green and orange never looked this good.
So my Chicago trip was fair. I slept the way back and before I knew it, home sweet home.


Toll fees: $5.50
parking fee: $4.12
IKEA: $132
Not being able to use a mastercard at the general store by wabash: Priceless


---Mafia Lain