Monday, December 12, 2005

blahness

Mood: =\
What's on: "Haunt you Every Day"-Weezer


I never thought today would end up being so horrible. I'm pretty lenient when it comes to judging Mondays, but I can't give any mercy to today.
I got up at the usual 7:30 range and left the house at 7:49. I've really been trying to leave sooner, but I always end up forgetting to grab something or what not before getting into the car.
Today for some reason, I decided to go the Northwestern way. I guess I've been getting tired of being stuck behind cars going 30 or just cars in general. On good days, I get to run down the Ufarm stretch of Salisbury around 50, saving me a valuable minute or two. But on bad days, it's just..bad.

I got to Meridian at 7:58, probably around the same time it would take going on Salisbury. Though there were no cars parked yet, I didn't bother trying the parking lots since it would've taken 5 minutes just to turn into it. Trying something new again, I parked at the Grant end of Meridian. I walked up to the school with a few minutes to spare, got to French on time: mission accomplished.
I don't think I've ever mentioned how worthless French class is. It is, even more so then study hall where I can actually get things done. I'm not hating on the language, just Eagin's inability to teach. I was observing the class today when she tried killing time by lecturing on irrelevant subjects. Basically, she started laughing at her own jokes at least two times through out the course of the lecture. I looked around the room to find none was paying attention (at least that's what it perceived to be). Everyone either had their heads down, working on other subjects, or just spacing out.
I use to enjoy French at least somewhat in Olhaut's class, but I've lost all appreciations for it now. Hopefully, half more years won't seem too long. (On a minor side note, I also found out during class that The Planeteers ended up winning the tournament in the controversial final rounds.I didn't really bother asking why since I already stopped caring, and it didn't really make me feel any better either knowing we were killed by the champions)

My day probably started degrading right aroung calc. I found out I didn't do so hot on the test (I made stupid mistakes as usual), but that wasn't what was really bothered me. I'm more worried about the future of my grade in 1st semester calculus. The test brought down my overall grade a good 5 points, and the test on friday will probably do the same. I really fail at trig, and that was how the beginning of 2nd sem precalc screwed me over. (I was able to recover later luckily)

The highlight events unfolded during lunch. After the band coordination rehearsal was cancelled because the Lageveens decided not to show up, I hurried off to the French club meeting hoping it would be over quickly so I can grab lunch. The meeting turned out to be really worthless, and it didn't end until 1:15. I assumed my stomach could fight it off with the 2 bites of Akey's Plain Slim, so I decided to load the band fundraiser fruits into my car now since I have an art club meeting after school. I walked down to Meridian and drove the car to the front entrance. Along with way, I noticed an orange envelope on the passenger window. Tucked inside was a slip of white paper with bold red letters that read "PARKING VIOLATION NOTICE". Oh crud..I thought it was only a warning at first, until I saw the $20 fine written on the slip.
"violation:headed wrong way"
Okay, so I was "headed wrong way" because I came from the other end of Meridian today, but how the hell was I suppose to know that was a parking violation? Maybe I'm retarded and passed my driver knowledge test miraculously, but I don't recall ever being informed that "headed wrong way" is a violation. I felt resentful at the time not because of getting the ticket, but rather the logistic of it all. It was my also my first ticket, a ticket I could've avoided.

I tried forgetting about it for the time being and loaded the 3 boxes of fruit. I drove into the parking lot to find it full. Great. I wasn't in much of a mood to park back on Meridian, so I drove around to Leslie to park in the 2 hour.(Logical since school will end in under 2 hours)
In the end I didn't get to eat lunch, but I hoped that was the end of my uneventful day.

In econ, Mira returned our stock papers with a displeasing forewarning; I ended up being among the people he described as "did not do so well". The grade I got was about the effort I put in, but again I'm more so worried about my overall grades. I'm starting to think that I won't score an A in that class, which would make me very sad.

---
I got out of Art Club at 5, during the time I realized I parked in the 2 hour areas; I was somewhat concerned. But I didn't think the nice folks down at the police dept. would give out violations for that, at least I've never seen any given out.
How wrong was I.
I noticed the bright orange envelope I've just learned to love on the first car I saw as I walked onto Leslie after Art Club. Ironically, this is the 2nd parking violation of the day that I've ever noticed during my entire career at West Side; I was more then somewhat concerned at this point.

I strode down the hill with nervousness. No other cars along the street received a ticket, so maybe I would luck out too? But with that luck of mine...
I took a deep breath as my car came into view. Left....right... there was nothing on the windows. Relieved, I got in and drove home. I really don't know and don't want to know how I would have reacted if the envelope did decide to show up; Myactions would unlikely to have been anything pleasant.

So that's about it. I don't feel as angry and before, but now I have to cry over the fact that I'm more broke then I already am. I left school feeling like I have a lot to do today, but I haven't really accomplished any tasks except for spending a good hour writing this entry. Yeah, I fail at school.

(Somehow Ifeel like I've wrote too much...blah)

1 comment:

Lainii said...

o.O I have no idea what you're talking about John.