Sunday, December 18, 2005

Week in review

Mood: content
What's on: "Everything's exploding"-The Flaming Lips


I think I'm becoming lazy about blogging again. I've had things I wanted to write about many times during the week, but I didn't feel the least bit inclined to take the time to blog. In my defense, this week has been very hectic as I've predicted, and I didn't want to spend 2 or so hours on entries like I did on Monday's.

But, now that I somewhat found the time to write (time used instead of studying), I thought I would give a review of the week.

Tuesday
Nothing bad happened on this day, so a decent follow up to monday I suppose. John K. gave me a ride home; It was abit awkward when I saw his parents in the car, but still , it was better than taking the bus. I ended up not doing much when I got home and during the entire night mainly because of the band concert. We had to be at school at 5:30 to rehearse, which I thought was really lame. It surprised me that Christine didn't show up. She wasn't present during band class either earlier in the day, so I thought she might have been skipping, which would be rather bold of her. Mr. C then told us that she was not going to make it because she was "very sick"; that surprised me even more.
After we finished rehearsing at 6:15, we got free time to converse and change into our concert attires. At that time, I called Christine's brother, Kevin, to check up on her. To my surprise again, he did not know that she was "sick". He also has been out of his house since the morning for exams. When I asked if anything had happened recently between them, he said they had a fight and was reluctant to explain in details.(As I later found out through Christine, they did have a fight..literally. She had a bad headache, thus the "being very sick" part). But, whatever. The concert went great, Godzilla got a standing ovation which was awesome.

Wednesday
I was looking forward to the economist debate in econ., but it turned out to be really crappy, as in it was more of an interrogation from Mira then a debate. Robotics was enjoyable solely for the fact that no one bothered me to work on things.(Well, Mohit did, but whoever listens to him?) I spent most of my time playing with Alex T.'s camera. I'm actually pretty fond of it now, as opposed to my lack of interest from before.

Thursday
The fruit of my week's procrastination has paid off: I stayed up till 4 getting my college applications ready for teachers/guidance. I thought it would have been just as easy as giving them a few pieces of paper, but turns out, it wasn't just that easy. I know I was asking for it by procrastinating, and I got really stressed out over the course of the night. I didn't intend to apply to any school with the Jan 1st deadline, but I ended up filling out forms for 3. I'm not even sure I can get everything ready by than. I doubt I will work on any during finals week.

Friday
The day went slow, and I was dreading going to the French Club dinner. It would be okay if I just paid and ate, but the club is making the dinner for 90 people, mainly families of the members. We started cooking right after school; I was on the main entree committee and ended up preparing the Salmon dish.
I was surprised to find that barely anyone knew how to cook, even the general female population. It's rather sad in my opinion, or maybe I'm just not normal for knowing how. But does it take more than common sense to figure out how to dice eggplants and peppers? These poor souls needed guidance, and I took the role of leading. I did a lot of chopping, my least favorite being the shallots. After overcoming some problems, we succeeded in finishing up the cooking around 6:30. The dinner started at 7 and consisted of 5 courses: soup,salad,quich/salmon,beet salad,bread/cheese,and dessert. Overall, the feedbacks were great, which made me feel accomplished that I didn't screw up. In actuality, I've thought about becoming a chief at some point during high school. I do enjoy cooking, and I think it ties in a lot of my other interests. Though it seems like a rewarding job, probably not too realistic for me.

I skipped cleaning duties when we finished around 9.I originally planned to go home, but the night only began and made a twisted turn in duration. In all, it was decent minus the minor offsets.

Saturday
Saturday started out as one of those lazy days where I wake up at 2 in the afternoon. I pretty much just sat around the house: food, computer, tv. At 5, I went to a dinner party with my parents at my neighbor's; It was their kid's birthday apparently. (flash back of bad nights with annoying asian kids...) The food was good though, so that alleviated the situation by a good amount.
I left at 7:30 and walked around the pond in my subdivision for awhile. It was frozen, not to my surprise, but I chickened out at the idea of walking on top of it. After all, drowning in a frozen lake on a saturday night is not the best way to die.
Theoretically, I wasn't suppose to go out for the night as stated by my parents. But it's okay as long as they don't know? I probably would've gotten into a lot of trouble if they found out I was left and came back at 1:30, but I'm used to taking risks. (I'm just asking for it one of these days...)
I hung out with Clif at the union before crashing X's house for awhile. We watched SWAT until it got boring.(which didn't take too long) The rest of the night was spent playing ping-pong (or rather watching X and Navid play "entertaining" matches) and talking about random things.

Today
I woke up around 12:15 thinking it's already around the 1 O clock area. I originally planned to use my robotics time and do some christmas shopping, since my parents would not likely have let me out other wise. I was still feeling tired though and had serious considered not getting up (note laziness), but I made myself because I really needed to buy things, especially for monday's Secret Santa deadline.
My trip started out at Wal-Mart: "good values" and less time consuming than the mall. I ended up only buying 10 dollar worth of chocolate in the duration of an hour. Oh well, the main goal was to scout anyways, I'll probably go back sometimes next week since I still have a lot to buy. I headed to Borders next, because I had a general idea of what I'm getting for SS. I spent about an hour there too and ended with a gift card. =\ Oh well?
Afterwards, I decided to stop by JL Records to browse CDs. I use to enjoy doing this often before I moved (about 2-3 years ago). I was with usually with friends, and there was no where else to go in town than hanging out at Haisting's to look through used cds. (Of course, piracy has changed everything since then...)
At JL, there were cds I was very much tempted to buy, but paying $10 for used, $15 for new, or $25 for dvds did not justify the mean. I mean sure, they're probably not selling a lot because of people pirating, but selling at high prices would make people less inclined to buy. (And I would buy at borders just to piss off JL because of their sign that read "Buying from corporate stores, shame on you" or something like that). I also wanted to sell off my stack of cds, but the trade-in is only worth $2-3 a pop. So, no. I'm not that desperate for money, and I still enjoy my cds enough to not sell when I bought them for $10-20 each =
Overall
-I wouldn't give myself a high rating on productivity for the week. I told myself every night that I would work on homework/applications, study, and other things, but I ended up not doing any until the last minute.
- I did not eat in the cafeteria at all during the week. (It's not a big deal, but I don't think it's ever happened before)
-I parked on Meridian for the whole week.
-I'm looking forward to the after-christmas sale. For one I'm going to stock up on chocolate since I'm ashamed that I forgot to shop after Halloween.
-word count: 1483
-I should study.

No comments: