Saturday, December 03, 2005

Happy December

Driving on snow sucks. Now I understand why so many people dislike snow. You actually have to focus, and that takes too much energy at night. But I can't hate snow to its entirety either, since it's still a very amusing entertainment.(note snowball and maple syrup) Though I do wish it would snow 4-6 inches if there is going to be any. I mean, if it happens, be hardcore.
-----
I wasn't looking forward to this weekend, nor December in general. Thinking of all the things I need to finish makes me want to groan and scrap chalkboard till my ear bleeds.(Somehow the pain makes things better?) I tried starting homework Friday night, but I ended up going out. Lafayette feels pretty dead at night, but I guess the weather is part of the cause. Sadly, there're also no places to go around west side. Union is usually the place that comes to mind, but that's losing it's touch too.
But perhaps all is caused by my inability to enjoy going out lately due to my mind derogating from the 'fun'. I think about how screwed I am for procrastinating, how anal my parents are, how I could be doing something or being somewhere better, and many other things...
I haven't been in the mood to blog lately either. For instance, it's taking me awhile to write up this simple entry. I'm agonizing, trying to come up with material, because honestly, I really am not sure how I feel at the moment or how to express the least bit of what I know I feel. Hopefully, things will progress for the better. I would hate myself if I stopped blogging again, and so soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually, I kind of like driving in the snow. My car is the absolute worst type of car to have; a rear wheel drive, light, sports car without antilock breaks. I can't go over 1,000 rpms if it's really bad out. Basically I slide all over the place often narrowly missing crashing into various curbs/street signs...ummm guess it's more fun then it sounds.

Yea, I know what you mean about West Lafayette being absolutely boring/dead at night. Besides chilling with friends, not much of anything to do in town, everyone at college pretty much agrees. Go out partying, chill with friends, or be bored.

“But perhaps all is caused by my inability to enjoy going out lately due to my mind derogating from the 'fun'. I think about how screwed I am for procrastinating, how anal my parents are, how I could be doing something or being somewhere better, and many other things...”

That sounds oddly familiar; your dad is an engineer, isn’t he… Senior year must be treating you pretty rough.

-Craig