Monday, November 28, 2005

First time for everything

It was a feast in the cafeteria. There were no short of desserts, from apple pies to creme brulee, and I had a hard time choosing. I picked up a piece of rasberry topped brownie and set it on my tray---shoot, I already have 2 sides. It would be rather embarassing to put it back, but I didn't want to pay 75 cents for it either. After a moment of deliberation, I unfolded a piece of napkin and wrapped the brownie in it. It was my first time 'stealing' food from the cafeteria, but I couldn't resist the brownie. I considered hiding it in my hoodie pockets, but I don't need to act so cautious now do I? Nonchalantly, I typed in my pin and waited for the cashier/lunch lady to ring up the registered. I smiled, as she was having some trouble, but then she spotted my napkin in my hand. "What do you have there?"
Before I could answer, her hand was already on it; a piece of the brownie broke off and fell onto the floor. Uh oh.
She looked disappointed. Somehow I expected this to happen? Me, a good student like me?
"umm..." I stuttered as she sighed, "I'll buy it..."
"No," she replied, "you can't buy extra sides..."
What is she talking about? Of course you can, it cost 75 cents. I was puzzled by her response. Another lunch lady from behind answered "umm...you can." But that upseted the cashier even more. "No you can't alright!" She yelled out with frustration. I was caught in the middle of an awkward situation I never wanted to take part in; let it end now....
What time is it..? I thought to myself...Uh oh.

I woke up.


---
It was 7:45.I had a feeling I overslept again, but today I actually remembered hearing the alarm , as opposed to other days when I don't even recall it going off. I sat up in my bed and though, wow...I really don't feel like going to 1st hour today... But I debated; If I hurry, I'll only be somewhat late and don't have to worry about my dad complaining or have to deal with the red slip. But, because French is a really worthless class, it's legit to skip it. I've been good, I've only skipped French one time this year, so why not again?

I wanted to leave the house before my dad woke up, but that didn't happen. He sort of just laughed when he saw I was still in the house.
Whatever.
I left the house around 8:20, since dad thought I was just going to be 'tardy'.(ha, yeah right...) I drove around campus abit before parking on meridian. 8:40. Walk, enter, sit,study,2nd hour.

Just another monday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you loser -_-



..
(sexy yimz)