Thursday, November 17, 2005

La Vie en Rose

Mood: :shrug:
What's on: 311-I'll be here awhile

I'm doing pretty well with this blogging dealy. I ended up only studying for the calc last and semi-worked on my English paper last night. (Somehow it seems like history will repeat itself today, except my paper is due tomorrow...)
I woke up at 7:11 this morning. That would usually be early, but today I was terribly late. As usual, I drifted back to sleep after cutting off the alarm, and wake up realizing how late it is. I made it to school "on time": 7:35---Calc test. It was pretty easy, but I made a very stupid mistake(as usual). After the 30 mins. test, I ran down to the French room. We didn't actually leave until 8:30, which defeated the purpose of us needing to be there at 8. On the bus to Chicago, I tried to sleep but couldn't; The seats were very uncomfortable. I had to change positions about every 15 mins to keep my body from aching or numbing.

The carbaret wasn't actually too bad until the end, when the singer started babbling. She( Claudia Hommel) had a very nice voice, and I enjoyed her singing. I was really surprised to hear Les Feuilles Mortes, which has been covered by Shiina Ringo in a 6 min mix. (and I really thought she composed the song herself...) Midway through the performance, she sang Milord ,and hitted on every guy in the room, including Monsieur: It's rather entertaining.
The highlight of the bus ride was probably the things we saw as we drove by: A couch falling off of a pickup on the highway, a school bus with "Latino Express" written on it, and a white house with a sign that read"Negro Lounge".

We got back to the school at 4:30. I stopped by home quickly to grab things and headed for theater. One more thing was added today to my list of things I dislike about this year's management: the Tshirt. How ugly they are. I can careless about the color, but the design...We look like walking flyers, and I'm pretty sure that's what Studt wanted.

----
I made some more progress today on project "BN revival". I finished rehosting all my pics on to Photobucket, since Angelfire is pretty worthless. As I read through some of my old blog entries, I realize Blogger has come a long way since my first post. How tedious it was to format every post with manually typed html(but the current blogger auto format is pretty annoying); how hard it was to edit the CSS; and how the comment system never existed.

Well I'm going to take this time and thank everyone who's still visiting my blog. It's appreciative and good for my counter :) I know my blog wouldn't last forever or even 5 years. (Blogger most likely will go bankrupt or make it a paying service...or I'll just quit) But the audience is everything right? Everyone gets their spot light now, and maybe even later. So thanks, whoever you are, just be glad you never visited Indianapolis' boonies.
(oct 25,03)


I'm almost half way there actually. Though it is true BN was created during the height of the blog fad, I felt there has been a lot emotions and memories etched into my past entries even though I claimed BN was for my "audience". (That's all going to change from now on ^_^ )
I don't know how things will be for the next 2 years, but hopefully I can look back 5 years from now and remember.

Good times, great oldies.


No comments: