Friday, November 25, 2005

Black Friday.

Mood: Not tired
What's on: The cure-love song


It's been a long day. It's been a long weekend. Where to begin? I woke up at 10 Thursday morning to prepare the food. I've been making Thanksgiving dinner for quite some years, but it's getting tedious. Fortunately, I only had to make the turkey and stuffing this year since we're serving around 40 people, and no way was I cooking dinner for 40 people. I dropped by Clif's house around 3 and stole some food. It was typical Thanksgiving dinner: Turkey, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes with gravy, pumpkin, salad, beans, etc. (No love for stuffing though) Ironically, he just downloaded Harry Potter the day before. The quality was surprisingly good for a theater rip. (Now I really want my $8.75 back). I went home around 6 and carved the turkey. The rest of the night was just..blah. I stayed in my study but random kids keeps running in and out, screaming, laughing, and all those other annoying things kids do. I didn't even want to bother, so I just put up with them for about 5 hours.
I decided to stay up till 5 after some careful thinking and planning. I had everything mapped out: Stores,items,prices, times, etc. My first destination was Circuit City...the line scared me. I met up with some friends who were already in line and waited. The door opened at 5, and the frenzy began.
People rushing, grabbing, hogging, running..it was a war zone in there. Alhough I thought I had everything mapped out, I forgot an important factor: check-out lines. Getting cheap stuff is not as easy as grab, go, and be happy. I planned to be at staples at 6, which is when the door opens, but I wasn't going to make it in time. So, I called up Alex and asked him to reserve a scanner for me, since he was already there.
I got out around 6:10 and headed for staples. The first person I saw when I entered was Alex; he didn't look too happy. "I can't find the scanner." Incredulous, I went to look for it to find them sold out. I also find out that the usb hub was sold out: How nice, the only 2 things I really needed was sold out. Mistake #2: I forgot to factor in the fact that there is a supply-demand trend. I was pretty depressed at that point. I have lost. I didn't want to continue my shopping epic, but I did.
I headed home around 10 when I finished at the mall. Looking back at the day's result, I have failed. I saved $5 at Circuit City because the cashier scanned the wrong item, but I lost $5 at Office max because I bough the wrong thing. (Instead of 60 photo paper for $1.99, I bough the 20 paper package for $4.99)
In my defense, this is the first time I really bargain shopped by myself. Hopefully I can learn from my mistakes and redeem myself after christmas. Word.

No comments: