Thursday, December 08, 2005

Happy December take2

Backyard:4:15PMIt's snowing. I've proved myself wrong again today. Quoted from post 5 days ago:

Driving on snow sucks. Now I understand why so many people dislike snow. You actually have to focus, and that takes too much energy at night ....
Though I do wish it would snow 4-6 inches if there is going to be any. I mean, if it happens, be hardcore.
It started pouring snow during 7th hour today; I was pretty excited at that time-- Double the snow double the fun. I didn't think driving would be too bad, it's only going to be one more hour before I get out, so it's all good right? Today I really learned what it's like to drive on snow: it sucks. Not only did I have to make it home safely, I also was responsible for the 2 passengers in my car: Navid and John. My concerns began when I backed out from the parking spot; I was already sliding all over the place at 5 mph. Though It's fun doing that when no cars or obstacles are around(I can at least pretend to be a drift thug ricer no?), it's not so fun on the road when everyone else is not having fun either. I went on Northwestern since it's the faster way, but everyone was going 20 mph--- For once the school bus isn't alone. There was a congestion on the Yeager/Sagmore traffic light because everyone was scared to go fast, and the light doesn't stay green for very long either; We waited out for a good 15 minuites.

The 2 kids made it home safely, and I was on my way. You know how they say accidents are most likely to happen a mile from your house? I at my subdivision entrance, less than 800 feet from my house.

...Okay, I didn't get into an accident, but I did have fun missing the turn because my car decided not to break.

In the end, everything turned out fine, apart from taking 30 minuites to get home. I do admit I was nervous at some points, but I think Navid was more scared then I was. Driving was hard not only because I had no idea where/what I was driving on due to the layers of white, but also because my windshield refused to let me see. I had to constantly switch from AC and heater to prevent it from frosting up or freezing up. I still don't have the hang of it, but maybe I'll get better next time.
---

So I guess that's my adventure for the day. I don't really want to goto school tomorrow so I could slack off on my homework/projects/tests, but I don't really want school to be canceled either since I'll be missing 1/2 of it anyways due to a doctor's appointment. If you have to miss school, miss it 'in style' you know?

No comments: