Saturday, December 24, 2005

Xmas Cheers

I'm not really sure how to describe this week. A lot of things had happened, yet I'm too lazy/don't care enough to elaborate on everything.

Finals went reasonably well. I probably could have studied more on some and less on others, but overall I came out feeling good about them. (Actually that's what I said last time, but they didn't turn out very well...) Thursday was theoretically the last day of school for the year, but I wasn't feeling the christmas cheers at all. I didn't want to feel miserable and bored on the first day of break (even though I should be worrying about my colleges applications that are due in a week), so I went to see King Kong:
Kong was a lot different than I imagined it to be. It was a decently good film, though Peter Jackson has his ways of making things overly dramatic and long...

On Friday, I reluctantly woke up at 10:30 for an appointment to the dermatologist. His name was Dr. Kuwahara, and the first thing he did was ask me about my "future"; I said I wasn't sure. He then went on assuming that I was going to be an engineer major at Purdue. I tried to say I haven't decided but gave in after awhile as he wasn't really listening. He then went on at showing me 2 magic tricks: one involving a quarter and the other a dollar bill; But I do say that kept me entertained.
"I like showing these tricks to engineers because they're logical thinkers."
I sort of just nodded and followed along.
When he finally checked up on the mole on my right arm, he said it had to go. So I plopped onto the surgery bed and watched him work his magic. The needle was the most painful part of the procedure.I couldn't get a very good view of my arm as I laid there, but I did catch a glimpse of the inch deep pink flesh being pulled out of my arm..fun.
The doc stitched me up afterwards. I felt really uneasy because..well, I couldn't feel anything at all. The last time I had stitches was when I was around 5: I busted my forehead on the edge of the bed headboard when I was jumping on the bed and slipped; I was rushed to the hospital to get stitches. They didn't use anesthetics, and I recall crying from the pain. Good times...

After my arm was taking care of, the doc proceeded to examine the birthmark on my back. The problem with it was the size: it's about 3 inches long. The doc said I have to get it removed by a surgeon. He ended up cutting out a spot of it for testing purposes; more needle fun on my back. The pain from the "surgery" kicked in after an hour or so. Both areas felt sore , and I ended up not doing anything productive for the afternoon.
I have to wait 2 weeks before getting the stitches removed. Theoretically, I'm not suppose to get the area wet before then, but I don't think not showering for 2 weeks is a good option.
----

Friday nights have been the same for the past few weeks. I wonder if I should be afraid that it might be becoming a norm. I pondered through many things over the course of the night: People's actions and decisions. It also triggered thoughts concerning my own actions and decisions I did/made in the past, and how it affected others. There were 2 things that really bothered me as I thought more and more about them, which probably deducted most of the fun from the night, but then again I can't say there were much fun to deduce from...


So today is Christmas eve, but I honestly thought that was yesterday...(Just to show how much Christmas love is around here). I guess my family is getting lazier about the whole christmas tradition. We sort of stopped buying trees a year ago. (A plus for me, since I'm the one who has to decorate) It doesn't bother me that much, because Christmas doesn't mean as much to me as it does for other people.
I'm spending christmas eve in my room working on blog entry and hopefully applications later.(Maybe colleges will pity and accept me because I spend my christmas eve doing apps?) Some of our neighbors came over for dinner; I got some chocolate and money from them, so it's all good.


I'm thinking back about my past Christmas eves. Last year was normal,and I refreshed my memory about 2 years ago through my past entries. (Amazing how I've forgotten everything that has happened).It was definately a lot more eventful then, and I wish I was reliving those moments now. I'm going skiing tomorrow, if that can constitute as "fun". I would be my first time, but I'm not looking forward to it extremely much.

As a closing note, Merry Christmas..oh wait, I meant Happy Holidays everyone! But you're pretty lame for reading my blog on Christmas eve.

1 comment:

orangepulpfilms said...

I'm lame because I surf blogs on Christmas Day...

Merry Christmas!

I will have to question you about some of this stuff... heh.

Hope you're having fun in Michigan, and go flirt with your instructor because it makes for a good story :)