Sunday, September 21, 2003

WoM

So much things happened this weekend. to start off, Friday. The pep-Rally wasn't all that necessary---not that it helped, we lost the game anyways, but it was a good excuse to shorten band practice. After band we were suppose to have a "picnic" with Overton band, but they didn't show up. Cassie, Kristen, and I hung out with each of our sisters. Andrea, Jessica--both in guard; and Krysta the field commander; respectively. It's all abit confusing, but you know how sisterhoods are so popular these days. We had so many laughs it was great. Krysta invited us To spend the night at her house; a good sophomore/senior bonding(no..not flute bondage), and we did. Even though we lost at the last 3 mins of the game, I had a great time cheering and yelling and singing (which Martin didn't really appreciate).

Anyway, we all gathered at Krysta's about 11:00PM; her house, like everyone would agree, is spontaneously huge. It's also extravegonly decorated inside, like an estate right out of a movie. We sat around for abit talking and eating cookies.(have you noticed how cookies are like pies?) Later we moved up stairs to one of her many rooms and watched "2 weeks notice". Most of them fell asleep, ( I could tell from the snoring) but I stayed awake to finish the movie. It was about 3:00 almost. After a amusing incident with the TV, we, all of us, finally went to sleep.

I woke up the next morning with Cassie ticking my feet. The last thing I remember about my dream was stabbing someone with a spear. We gathered our stuff and headed to wal-mart. There we just bough some snacks for the long trip to come. I finally got home around 9:15AM and made some final adjustments for the band trip.

Ahh, the band trip. We took a long bus ride to Hendersonville HS where the contest was held. Not all that exciting since I was still abit tired. The day felt long to prepare for our show. I had a pretty good feeling that we'll do good; and we did...Or so I thought.

After our performance we watched the tape. Everything looked great, the band, the guard, the props; the crowd was cheering the whole time. We had to wait about 1 hour before the trophies were presented. We lost to seagull. We were the only 2 bands in our division, but we won 2nd best overall band. At the time I just shrugged, it didn't feel so bad to lose this year than the last, maybe because I didn't try my best this year. All this all, we were still all happy. We packed our stuff and headed home for another 2 hour ride; just talked abunch..Pretty interesting stuff.

So now I'm here, all bruised and cramped.There's so much to do and I've wasted a lot of time writing this post. Oh well. The "pic of the day" from Thursday is a guitar. Cassie and Zach got it right. Since Zach wants to claim all the fame for getting two right, I'm here today to proudly post Zach's picture on my humble webblog. And here it is everyone, your favorite Zach in town...


 Isn't Zach so kewl?



There you have it folks,
Zooatic Anarchy Commander
Habakkuk And rich Yahoo.




Moral to the story: "You bib you lose."

---Lain